Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Jeans

When Matthew was about 4 months old, he and I flew to Idaho to show him off to all of the relatives.  The first thing I had to buy for him was a genuine pair of Levis.  I hadn't been able to find any in the DC area.  But yes, Idaho had a pair.  Size 0.  Here they are:  the line is where they had to be rolled under or up depending on the boy.  They are about 36 years old.  Matt's birthday is tomorrow.  I haven't been able to part with these jeans.  They bring something to my heart.  Just seeing them makes me happy. 


Here is my favorite picture of Matthew in the Levis.  He was 18 months old.  Notice the flower in one hand and the rock in the other.  What a boy.  We lived in our townhouse in Burke, VA.




Then Jeremy came along to wear the jeans.  He was about a year old here.  Love the shag carpet.  Every thing '70s is coming back.



And here is Andrew in the jeans.  I'm not sure why I didn't snap them.  Andrew is about 14 months old.  This is in our Landmark Place house in Fairfax. 

I thought I would throw this in for effect.  What a cute daddy these boys had.  Jeremy is in the jeans.  Check out Rich's shirt.  This must have been in the days before electricity.  It appears he dressed in the dark.

Now the jeans have a new generation.  Here is Nathan (Matthew and Gabe's son who just turned one year old.


And here is Jocelyn (Andrew and Melanie's daughter who will be one in April)



So needless to say, we have probably gotten our money's worth out of the Levis.  I have pictures of Jeremy's kids in the jeans, but it is a mystery to me where those pictures are at the moment.  So this is the saga of the Levis.  I'm glad I still have them.  And........................my boys are so adorable.  I would love to snuggle those little cheeks again.  I guess that's why grandchildren are so much fun.

6 comments:

Becca said...

That is so cool you've kept those little jeans for so long. Very cute little boys and grandkids!

Corinn and Trent Seely said...

I love that an article of clothing like that brings you happiness after all those. Very cute pictures of your boys.

rich said...

It's a pretty cute mom and grandma that holds on to a pair of jeans for 35 years to have them available for grandkids....at least for pictures.

Andrew said...

My jeans still kind of fit me that way...

Cath said...

Way cool story. And the fact that you kept them??? Awesome. Love all the old pics. xo

Margo and Kenny Neider said...

You are an amazing mom. I should have been better about recording history! Little boys in levis is a good thing for sure!! No wonder you and I can't throw things away! It's all precious!