Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Mental Gymnastics.

Do you ever fight with yourself over the tasks at hand?  Sometimes I will even clean something that doesn't need cleaning to avoid another task.  Yes, I will admit I'm a bit crazy sometimes.  Yesterday I could not force myself to get back to my blog to finish writing about July and August.  Remember I am an English teacher.  Don't English teachers love to write?  Well, this one doesn't.  I know it's a confession.  Don't tell any of my former students.  They would be aghast to learn this.  However, I do love to read.  It's been a life long love.  I will read anything!  Even the cereal boxes when I was a child.  Ha Ha!  Did you do that?  Anyway, I opened my blog in an attempt to write about July and August and started reading older posts.  I fell in love with reading about two years ago and that seemed to give me the motivation to continue.  This blog is my only journal and I do love going back to read it.  Write your blogs girls!  You will be happy to go back and read them.

A couple of pictures I love that I wanted to record.  These came before July and are just random.

Rich and I love these beautiful flowers.  Here is our iris bed this spring.  These flowers remind us of our growing up years in Idaho.  Beautiful!  I added some colors this year.  We will see what happens in the spring next year.
 
Grandma (Mom) and Ross  - Julie's youngest.  He was 6 when she died.  Now look at him -- he is all grown up.  He looks a little like Justine Timberlake -- what do you think?   Let me tell you, this kid can do anything.  He is very clever and quick.  He is going into the Marines in November.  After Julie died in 2000, Mom sold her home in Pocatello and moved to Salt Lake to be near Julie and Jack's boys.  She volunteered at the elementary school in their classes every year they were in grade school.  She is an amazing Mom and Grandma.  She was awarded the Volunteer of the Year award for the State of Utah. 
 
Waffles at Grandma's House
Lottie and Audrey - Matt in the background.  Rich bought me the flip-over waffle maker two years ago and it has been a favorite ever since.  Of course we still go to the pancake office occasionally.  The girls love to help make and then eat waffles.
 
Lottie making brownies with Grandma Crowley
 
Lottie asked me if she could help me plant flowers.  She did this pot all by herself.  She said her momma said it was fun to dig in the dirt with your hands.  She has a wise momma (Gabrielle)  It's been a beautiful flowering pot all summer long.  Thanks Lottie!
 
 
Ha Ha!  This is too cute.  Lottie and Audrey love to have sleepovers at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  They love to play in Grandma's rollers that just stick to their hair.  They also like to stick them all over their stuffed kitty and bear.  This day they got the bright idea of giving the stuffed toys a bath in the sink.  They told Grandpa that Grandma was going to be really mad at them.  So I had to respond by being mad.  I took the stuffed kitty and bear (who were soaked) away and put the girls in timeout.  I have never seen such wailing and crying.  They sat in timeout with their arms wrapped around each other crying ear-splitting cries.  So the timeout didn't last long, but hopefully there will not be anymore bathing of the stuffed toys!
 
 
Nathan:   Here's a boy who loves his ketchup.   He will dip almost anything in it.  Then we just hose him down!  Love this handsome little sweetheart.
 
Aren't boys great!  Water from the hose.
 
This is my darling blonde  granddaughter, Emery who lives in California.  (Jeremy and Shelly)While she was visiting in Virginia I wanted a picture of her in my crochet dress that I wore as a girl.  She is holding the picture of me in the  dress with my blonde wringlets.  Shockingly I took the picture in the bathroom.  Darn, what was I thinking.


Love this picture of Jocelyn and Audrey.  Audrey mugging her little sister.  So so cute.  Audrey does everything full out -- and Jocelyn keeps up with her.

 
 
So there are a few of my random pictures.  I have soooooo many grandkid pics, I could fill several blogs.  Now on to the adventures in July. 

 

No comments: