Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Fabulous December Part I

December has been fun-filled and very busy and I'm sure I'm not alone in the fun and busy part.  All of you also have been there also.  I'm reporting on the following in two parts:

1.  Harper's Blessing
2.  Trip to Mission Home in Las Vegas
3.  Trip to Fresno to visit Jeremy's Family
4.  Back home for Dr visit
5.  Memorial Service for a dear friend, Anne Leggat
6.  Speak in church for the Christmas message
7.  Christmas Eve dinner with Matt and Andrew's families
8.  Christmas breakfast with Matt's Family
9.  Christmas dinner with Andrew's family

And now it's December 26th...so here we go!

PART I

Blessing of Harper Elizabeth Crowley

                      Harper and Grammie

Look at our beautiful new granddaughter. 
 
 
On December 2nd, the family gathered in Bristow for Harper's blessing.  Andrew gave his new little daughter a beautiful blessing and she cooperated very nicely.  In other words she wasn't screaming.  We had a wonderful day with family. A blessing day in our Church is a time for coming together for the family. Usually the dad prounces the name for the baby and gives a blessing in our sacrament meeting. It is a special honor and day. It was a very edifying day for our family.

 I was in the church pew in the middle of four grandchildren - two two year olds, a four year old and and five year old.  Cutest grandkids ever!   But I was pulling out all of tricks to keep them happy and quiet.  Melanie's family came from Utah, Melanie's cousin from North Carolina and we had the Maryland Crowleys and Virginia Crowleys to help celebrate. 

After the meeting Melanie and Andrew hosted a luncheon at their home for friends and family  Melanie made several soups and desserts, Gabe brought her homemade rolls and the feast was on!
                             
                             Andrew and Harper, brother Mathew and cousin Drew Hurley
 
                           From left to front: Aunt Tricia, Junior Baker (Melanie's father), Uncle Ken Crowley, Drew Hurley and Rich
 
                                  My picture skills aren't too great on any of these, but here are my neices Kara and Shannon.  Charlotte on top and Audrey holding Hailey (kara's baby).


                                                   More Crowley Girls!
                                            Charlotte, Harper and Jocelyn
 
Kara and Hailey

 
Shannon with her neice Hailey
 
 
Our beautiful grandson, Nathan.  He doesn't have a chance with all of the girls!
 
 
 
And finally this cute picture of Harper enraptured by her daddy as he was singing  the sacrament hymn.  So precious.  Gabe took it from across the asile.
First offical photo posted in the B&D Neider Family group.
 
 


I'm astonished I didn't get a picture of  Melanie with Harper.  I'm searching now to see if anyone else has one I can post.  I didn't get Melanie's mother Carrie Lee Baker or my daughter-in-law, Gabrielle either.  I have to do better.

More December to come!

No comments: