Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Scoffers Red Alert


This is my new adorable table and chairs for the grandkids. I am so excited about it too. I have been looking and looking to no avail, but yesterday, discovery.........right here in Culpeper at Goodwill. And......it is brand new -- not a blemish on it.

As many of you know my mom is here visiting for the month. We have had such fun together. She's fun. I wish we all had her energy. I was trying to decide whether or not to tell her about the Goodwill Thrift Shop in Culpeper and decided yes, but would have to take her when I had plenty time. She can poke around these places until she finds many treasures.

Well, anyway as I pulled into the grocery store near Goodwill, I thought what the heck -- I'll take her to Goodwill while I get groceries. You know the rest of the story. I popped into Goodwill to help get the lay of the land for Mom and here was the adorable table and chairs..............the kicker.............it was a whopping $8.00. Love it.

Just in time for the boys who will be here on Thursday. Yippee!

5 comments:

heidi said...

I agree, I wish I had grandma's energy. She is just so much fun!

Good find too!

Kirstin said...

Congrats on the new table. I love finding deals like that at my local goodwill.

I wish you'd show grandma how to use her blog if you have time... :) Send me your email address and I'll send you her password. NO PRESSURE, though!!! I can do it when she gets home.

mrsknappyyy@yahoo.com

andrea said...

Kirsten............somehow all of her passwords go to Ross' blog. It doesn't make sense. She wants me to call you so I will.

Nancy said...

The table & chairs are adorable. What a deal! You win the Super Shopper Award! Hug & kiss those grandkids for me- I miss them terribly already.

Jamie said...

Fun that Grandma Donna is out visiting. I had no idea. She would be so fun to shop with! I love the new table! I'm sure the little kiddos do too!