Saturday, November 17, 2012

August -- new baby girl - Harper Elizabeth

As you can see my blogs are still way behind the dates of when these events occurred.  BUT, I am determined to get everything recorded.  This is August 9th.

We are the lucky ones!  Our sixth granddaughter was born on August 9th in Resron, Virginia.  She is Andrew and Melanie's third daughter.  Yes, Andrew is sitting on the porch with his shotgun across his lap.  Oh wait a minute Andrew doesn't own a shotgun!  Well he will need something when the boys come calling,

Audrey and Jocelyn came to stay with Grammie and Grandpa for a couple of days while Harper and Melanie were in the hospital.  Melanie has to stay extra days so  Grandpa and I were busy busy busy.  Ha Ha and I thought I was ready for them.  Jocelyn spilled milk on her nightie at breakfast.  I forgot about it and  after the little girls had a bath that night I went looking for the nightie.  Of course it was bedtime now and the nightie was as stiff as a  board.  Yes, it could stand up alone.  Well, I am out of practice.  I found grammie shirts for the girls to wear and they loved the idea. 
They were adorable and had to wear them the next night also.


                                  Here is Audrey ready for gymnastics on the bed.  Of course that is not allowed.
 
Audrey (4) was so happy I let her show me tricks on the bed.  This girl never slows down.
 
Here are Nathan and Jocelyn.  Both are about 2 1/2
 
 
 
Then we made the trip to Reston to see the new little sister.  What excitment!
 
Harper Elizabeth Crowley just hours old.  Melanie and Andrew with their new bundle of joy!
 
Andrew and Melanie were so happy that Harper is finally here. 
 
Grandpa Crowley with Harper
 
 
 
Jocelyn with Harper
 
Grammie with Harper
 
This new little granddaughter is our 6th girl.  So now we are up to 10 grandchildren.  Very appropriate after all of the boys we raised to have so many granddaughters.
We feel so lucky and blessed to have Harper in our family.  You can imagine the mauling she gets from their two older sisters.  I didn't get a pictures of Audrey at the hospital with Harper, but Audrey was just full of joy.  All of the pictures of Audrey are videos and I can't get them to download.  Darn. 
 
So we brought the girls home for a couple of nights. We needed to be a little worn out but we were flying out of town on Monday so on Saturday evening we delivered the girls to Andrew and we came home to get packed.  We were heading back to the West for my school reunion and Mom's family reunion.  Phew!
 
One more picture of Harper.  When Andrew called to tell us she was here, he said she was bald and had no hair.  After I met her for the first time, I told Andrew she was definitely not bald.  He said well, I meant in comparison to Audrey and Jocelyn. 
 
What a beautiful new granddaughter!
 
 
Congratulations Andrew and Melanie.  We love you. 
 
 

No comments: