Wednesday, November 21, 2012

HALLOWEEN 2012

Something is wrong with my Halloween gene.  I have never really loved the holiday and it seems every year the celebration gets bigger and bigger.  I use to love helping my boys figure out their costumes and loved having the tradition of our first chili dinner for the year, but I just didn't love the holiday.  I remember one year when Andrew was about six, he ask me if we could put up some decorations so I got out a little scarecrow holding a pumpkin and he was thrilled.  I kind of feel badly about that now.  Poor little guy had to beg his mom.

This year I decided we needed a Halloween celebration at the Crowley home and I even found myself getting excited about the preparations!  Who said you "can't teach an old dog or maybe that should be old witch new tricks".  We do have four amazing tricker treaters in the Crowley Family who were very excited so here are the pictures of our celebration!

My name is Andrea Crowley and I am a recovering Halloween Hater! 


Here is one of the pictures from one of the boy's scrapbooks a few years back.  Matt is sporting a good look as a punk.  Andrew is a pirate and Jeremy is a scarecrow!  These pictures are hilarious.  Thanks Rich for this great picture.  I do remember having fun with Matt's hair and painting Jeremy and Andrew up.

The other cute trickers are my cousin, Bob Farmer's kids.  Mark is the cowboy, Bjorn is the baseball player, Antje and Ingrid are little princesses and Soren is a cute little Swiss boy.  Matt is about 10 here so Jeremy is 8 and Andrew is 5.  Yes, I admit it is a fun memory. 




So here are two of my boys just a few years later with kids of their own to dress up for.  My boys the leaf people.  Look how excited they are in their costumes.



 
Charlotte is a cute Jedi warrior and Audrey is a witch - I almost cut this good witch out of the picture.
 
Here is the gang!  Gabe, Matt Andrew, Nathan and the Grandpa Towel Monster.
Audrey, Lottie Jocelyn (who couldn't take her eyes off Gabe) and Melanie
 
T
 
The sublime - Princess Harper's first Halloween
 
To the terrifying Zombie Gabe!



Cute as can be,  Charlotte the Jedi, Audrey the witch,  Jocelyn as Minnie Mouse , and Nathan the engineer.



The Donut Game!  The kids loved it.
 You can see how concerned Jocelyn because Nathan ripped the donut off with his hands.  Notice her hands are behind her back.






Nathan ripped his donut off right away.  He came back later for the last piece.

 
Here's the towel monster reading to his little engineer and Minnie Mouse.

 One more shot of the gang minus Melanie who was taking the picture. 

We had a great pre-Halloween party.  We had our bread bowls with chili, played the donut game, tootpick game and decorated cookies with candy corn!  What a fun day.  Good memories.

No comments: