Thursday, May 1, 2008

I was so mad at work today I wanted to hurt people. If you know me well, you know it takes a lot to get me mad. I took a break from work and started calling the utilities for the beach house to cancel, etc. When I called the cable company, the "helper" couldn't talk with me about disconnecting because the account was in Rich Crowley's name. I told her that Rich Crowley doesn't even know who his cable company is, didn't set up the account, and has never paid the bill. I did all of that. Well, she said.........................it is security -- we cannot make changes without his authority. I said, "Are you afraid someone is going to steal a TV show or something." Yes, it was a juvenile thing to say, but I was starting to feel better already.

She said, "No, it's an FCC regulation. You can call them if you have a problem." So I replied,

"What a great suggestion Ashley. Whom shall I call there? and .............Thank you so much for your help. And by the way, you didn't have any trouble adding the additional wireless internet to the account when I called last year. Was that a security violation that I should report when I call?"

Anyway, I was finished at that point. Tomorrow I am going to call and say. This is Richi Crowley. Yah, my parents gave me a boys name. I would like to cancel my cable.

Stay tuned.

9 comments:

Twisted Sister said...

Hahah! I can totally relate! I hate calling banks, utilities, etc. because they can never help ME even though we would be in foreclosure with bouncing checks if it was up to Mike to pay bills.

Emily Rae said...

BIG laughs from Burley-Please keep us posted....I want to hear how Richi fairs.

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for those cable people . . . they have no idea who they are dealing with.

andrea said...

I tried the Richi approach and they were ready for me. Alas and alack.........Rich will have to call. Hmmmmmmmm is it worth a credit tick to not pay the final bill?

Kirstin said...

You are so funny. Sorry for the bad day.

Shelly Crowley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

Glad I found your blog!Can't wait to hear more from you!

Becca said...

hahah, oh Andrea. I need to read your posts more often. Also, if I ever have problems with my cable ill give Richie a call=)

Unknown said...

Christine let me know you have a blog! How fun! I've been lonesome for you, so now I can read your blog.

We've all been that route with cable/power/phone companies - makes you want to scream! You remind me of someone I know - mmm Donna or mmmm Kenny!!
Love you!