Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Full Time Job


I discovered that having a husband is a full time job all by itself. You know what I mean? However, I thought my husband was the only one that was a full time job. I expressed that thought to a dr friend of mine and she said, "All husbands are full time jobs." So I guess I'm not alone in this vocation.

Anyway, I have one of the best jobs around. There is never a dull moment with Rich Crowley. Just hang on and prepare for adventure. Just today as he was filling the car with gas, he opened the car door to tell me "Killer Joe" was playing. Sweet.

Actually we had good news today. Rich had his cancer scan and the tumors have not changed in size at all. That is a miracle to me. He continues to be a walking miracle. That means we do nothing. Go back in a year. I marvel at his diligence. He is amazingly precise in managing all of the instructions the drs give him. Thanks, Rich.

I really didn't think we would have him here to celebrate his 64th birthday, but we do and did celebrate a little yesterday on the day. Matt and Gabe invited us over for a wonderful dinner. Thanks Supers. More celebration to come. So Happy Birthday Rich. Here are the top ten reasons I won't quit my "job".

1. Love that guy. I wouldn't want to argue with anyone else.
2. He's fun. He always tries to crack me up in church.
3. He takes care of me and my kids......now three boys -- three girls
4. He keeps the conversation going when I am too tired
5. He can make me laugh
6. He takes care of his cars
7. He continues to be unpredictable and interesting
8. He loves my family
9. He is crazy about his grandchildren
10. He works hard to make sure I am happy.

Love you Rich............

5 comments:

Emily Rae said...

We're glad he's still around too...I like how he keeps the conversation going even when you're tired. It's good to know after decades of marriage you still have lots to talk about.

Kirstin said...

I love the miracle! Happy Birthday, Rich. I love you both. Andrea, you should have an "employee of half the marriage" award or something. Rich should get the other. :) Heck, we all should.

Jamie said...

That is so neat you still feel that way about Rich after so many years of marriage! I plan on feeling that way about Mike my whole life - wish me luck!

heidi said...

I loved that post! Love you Aunt Andrea and Uncle Rich!

erin said...

You are to sweet Andrea, I love the top 10.
Rich is such a lucky man to have you too.
He truly is a funny guy. I am soo glad to hear about his cancer update. Yahoo!