Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Love My Blog

Things that fall under the crazy catagory that you can blog to cheer yourself up:

1. I was so hungry just now that I looked in my desk and found a Ricola for a snack. Desperation.

2. Church was so funny yesterday. Everyone knows what the first Sunday brings. I looked over at Rich and he had his arms resting on his knees with his hands covering his face. I almost laughed out loud. Then I smilingly nudged him. He came up smiling. Then one woman got up to speak and Gabe next me on the other side, said, "Here we go, tuck yourself in." Church is not as much fun without Lottie. She was home with Matt yesterday.

3. Every day we pass a pasture of black angus -- about 30 of them. In one spot of the pasture is a high mound of dirt. Yesterday all of the cows were minding their business eating grass and two crazy cows were standing on top of the dirt hill. I guess they were the Guard Cows. This is called entertaining yourself while commuting.

4. Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo.................so I went to celebrate with a co-worker for lunch. We went Mexican -- Coyote Grill. I had very nice -- and professional -- out fit on yesterday. Later after a great lunch and returning, I was working with the computer tech on next year and schedules. She said, " Is that guacamole on your jacket?" You know it's hard to be cool when you have guac on your jacket. Cinco de Crowley.

5. One of the lessons I have learned over the years is to laugh at myself and life. It just seems I'm getting the opportunity to laugh at myself more and more. Oh well. Have you had any embarrassing moments lately?

5 comments:

Kirstin said...

You and the super crowleys go to the same church? How fun. I think everything would be funny if I went to church with family. I feel for you having Lottie absent. :)

Emily Rae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Rae said...

My dad always taught me that the cows standing on the mounds of dirt were one of two things:

1)The cows were all at church and the cow standing on the mound of dirt was conducting the meeting,

or

2)The mound stander was the "King of the Cows".

Here in Burley there are feed lots all over the place and I figure the cow handlers place those mounds around the lot to give the cows something to do, you know, a change of pace. My kids love driving by "Cow Town" and "Bovine Grotto" and looking for the "King of the Cows".

My latest embarrassing moment involved a certain 3 year old announcing to the whole congregation during sacrament meeting that he had to, "GO POO POO NOW MOM!" Ahh the humiliation of it all.

Twisted Sister said...

Cinco de Crowley! Haha.

No embarassing moments lately, probably because I am very good at blacking them out.

The Finck Five said...

I am very glad to see that you are blogging. I was upset when we went to the Fairfax ward for Christmas and found out you had moved, you were the main reason we went. Anyway next time we are out we will have to visit. I agree with you on the first sunday, but I have to sit next to the bishop and he does not have our sense of humor, so I limit my jokes and just make eye contact with Melissa.
james