Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Caramel Popcorn Recipe

Everyone has been asking for the caramel popcorn recipe. This has been a huge family favorite in the Neider family for years. If Rosy and Renee got to the bowl first.....................they know. (Rosy confessed on Andrew and Melanie's blog.) There wasn't much left.


CARAMEL POPCORN
Ingredients:
2 cups light brown sugar, packed (I use one cup- it works - not as much sauce tho')
1 stick (4 ounces) butter or margarine
1 cup light corn syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 quarts popcorn (or more)

Preparation:
Bring brown sugar, butter, and syrup to a boil; add 1 can sweetened condensed milk. I continue to cook for another couple of minutes, stirring constantly because it will burn easily. Pour over popcorn and stir with a big wooden spoon until every kernel is coated. I use the turkey roasting pan to coat the popcorn because it is long and lends itself to better coating. This also makes great sauce for ice cream.

Then fight over who gets to clean the pan.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I was talking about my strong desire for Caramel Corn just last night. John and I were Jones'n for some, but had no recipe. I'm going to give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes.