Friday, October 17, 2008

Grown Children



An amazing thing happens to children. One day you look at them -- and those children are gone..................grown. What happened to them? What happened to my little ones? Even when the boys were in high school and college, they changed so dramatically in the maturing process. I remember looking at my little boys and thinking on many occasions -- what will they be like when they are grown? What will they look like? Will they have good jobs? Will they be well balanced as adults? Will they enjoy life? Am I giving them what they need as children? Mothers worry as all you mothers know. Well, now I know. Those little boys have grown. The nice thing is they grew into people that I really like. They are talented, smart, handsome, fun, funny, well educated, hard-working, valiant, and much more. and......... I enjoy being around them. They turned out! Know what I mean? And a bonus that I never considered....................they have darling wives and children. And Girls! As I said, AMAZING. Am I lucky or what!

A mother knows her children so well. Knows their little personalities. My cubs are grown; however, they still have the same personalities. Love those boys. My harvest has been bountiful.



Funny Moments:

Matt: 3
Telling Matt about Baby Jesus and asking him what Baby Jesus did when he grew up. After thinking hard said, "He made those cattle stop lowing."

Jeremy: 6
Leaving me a note on the piano: "My mom is a jrake (jerk). Piano is for baby." Then running away to the drug store -- coming back for money to buy his mom a present.

Andrew: 5
Rich had returned from the hospital and Andrew asked him if he was going to die. Rich gave him a long explanation and we both felt sad that Andrew was thinking about his daddy dying. Then Andrew said, "Well, if you do die, can I have your side of the bed?"

Just love kids. They come up with the best treasured moments. Thanks Crowley Boys for all of the fun, all of the hugs, all of the entertainment, all of the blood, sweat and tears. It's been worth it. You have grown into awesome men that I enjoy knowing. The harvest is indeed bountiful.

13 comments:

Emily Rae said...

I'm not wishing away my kids' young lives, but I can't wait for them to turn into my friends. There is nothing I prefer more than spending time with my mom.

Love the stories about the boys, especially Jesus stopping the cattle from lowing...smart little sucker that Matt was.

Gina said...

A few months ago, Anna was wearing her bossy boots. She was telling Dane what to do, and what not to do, every few minutes. John got angry and made her write 25 times; I am not the boss of Dane.

You probably could have gotten at least 100 -mom is not a jrake's- out of Jeremy. I guess a drugstore gift is ok too though. Those are the cutest stories.

Will you adopt me?

andrea said...

I will adopt you.............do you think John would like Virginia?

Rosy said...

I loved seeing that picture! Yes, those Crowley boys were and are darling! Great quotes from the past. Are those just in your head or from your journal? Wow!

Becca said...

May I be adopted as well? Bryce would like Virgina i'm sure of it.

andrea said...

Okay, but no girl fighting and you have to take care of me when I am senile.

heidi said...

Those are funny memories. They made me laugh out loud the way Carrol's blog does. Here, Here!!

Gina said...

This is perfect. Becca and I will be adopted and our husbands will like Virginia. Becca can take care of you when you're senile. She can change your diapers when I make you laugh and pee yourself. :)

andrea said...

Perfect..............but as I said, no girl fighting.

Kirstin said...

I love that picture of your boys--so cute.

Margo and Kenny Neider said...

So cute Sister dear! I think we can safely say that we have totally enjoyed being moms and having kids. It is so nice to have them grow up to be nice people!! I know just what you mean. That picture (along with all the others Rich has taken) are treasures!! You're a sweet mother! And sister!

Jeremy said...

I am pretty sure the note and the drug store happened at two different times. I don't think you would have allowed a six year old to run off to the drug store by himself.

andrea said...

You may have been older. What do you think. Did you just run away?