Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas is Coming

I have to admit that I have had a very nice experience decorating for Christmas this year. Okay, it's the first year in a very long time that the decorations have not had to be thrown up in a hurry. Rich put his iPod on Christmas music -- all 257 songs and I took my time for a week putting up this and that. It was wonderful...............

Most of my decorations have been accumulated for many years and I treasure them. I have a gold and white tree and a red apple tree (very Virginia) with wool plaid bows. I thought I would share my finished product. It feels so good to be relaxed and ready. Some of the pictures are a little out of focus. So,use your imagination.

Close up of the gold and white tree. I bought the white glass ornaments the first year we were married in Idaho in 1967.


Gold and White tree - twelve feet tall


Fireplace mantel


The fireplace is so blurry, I added the angel from the wreath. She is my favorite. Look at her sweet little face.


Dining Room table - our little father Christmas in the middle




Apple/Cranberry Tree in the foyer



We've had this sweetest nativity forever. Jeremy broke the ear on the donkey when he was about five years old. The little cherub angel was on our wedding cake. We're talking old.


I've always included this picture of the Savior in our Christmas. It was in my room growing up and came from Dad's home.


Our Russian Icon of Mary and Baby Jesus. The faces are so sweet. Her gown is shell. You can't even tell that baby Jesus was broken off (Carsen and Charlotte) and glued back on. It's okay.............they are my precious grand kids.


The kneewall between the kitchen and family room. I love the bark trees and cranberries. Oops, Rich's foot and leg are in the picture. Ha Ha.


The decorations are beautiful and feel so good. It makes our home feel so cozy and warm. We have candles in all of the windows (also very Virginia)and some twinkle lights on our cranberry trees on the porch. We are ready to celebrate this magical season.

We have always had a special Christmas FHE with another family and each person has to participate on the program. It's always fun to see what everyone wants to do. My favorite Christmas memories are of these special FHE's. Okay...............once the kids were older it was sometimes under duress, but they came through. So as I said, I'm ready to celebrate.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

All of your decorations are absolutely beautiful! I love all the lights everywhere!

It was so fun to see you and Rich while you were in town. Thanks for making time and stopping by. I loved getting a chance to visit. Glad you're home safe.

Dustin and Natalie Carruth said...

So Cute! Miss you guys!

Shawni said...

They sure look good! Just got your Christmas card...thanks for the very kind words, and the great update. Miss you guys!

The Finck Five said...

The house looks great. we have decided to come to VA for Christmas. We would love to come see you guys. We will be there the whole week after Christmas. Matt can fill you in on whats going on. my email is jfinck@uapt.edu.

Anonymous said...

Yay!! You have returned to the blogging world! And your house looks fantastic. The barn could use a little collecting of decorations! Im so glad we got to see so much of you guys when you came and we are loving those cd's so thank you for that. You have got a talented bunch!

rich said...

Andrea really makes our home special for the Christmas holidays. What you don't see is that in the almost 43 years of marriage she has collected special dishes for every season and occasion. Each meal has special plates etc. Very festive and very special. She has always emphasized the importance of traditions for the benefit of the children. Our home has been rich in them because of her. The kids definitely know what to except and anticipate. Our Christmas was very merry and if Jeremy's family had been her, it would have been perfect.

Margo and Kenny Neider said...

I love that you have taken pictures of your tables! I do that and my kids tease me about it, but it is so fun to do a beautiful table - you need a picture to remember! You and I do so many things the same, it's amazing. I have a 10 ft tree that I do in white and gold and angels too. Then the little one with the kids decorations through the years is in the office. You make me think I need to do a blog to record things. I love yours. I love you! You are one super lady!