Friday, March 12, 2010

We Did It

Melanie and I were so excited tonight.  We decided to try PF Changs lettuce wraps.  We did it and they were delicious.  We are such great cooks........................and humble too. 


We found the recipe on the internet ...............the rest is history.  They were amazingly good.  YUM.  I love trying new recipes.          I should confess we purchased spring rolls and fried rice to complete the meal.  

We have had so much fun cooking together.  One day I assist and one day Melanie assists.  

Some of our other new favorites are...............................chicken fajitas, onion rings, my mom's fried rice, so many crock pot recipes, English muffins from scratch, rosemary bread from scratch and our great discovery.........a new trick.  Well, it came about because Melanie found a frozen caterpillar in the frozen green beans.  A big one.   I am only serving fresh vegatables from now on...........

Our trick.........................We have started making indivivual salads instead of a big salad bowl.  We have an individual salad before every meal and it is very effective.  There are no salad leftovers or  waste.  We think we are really smart and clever (and humble).  Cooking can be so much fun.  Melanie likes to clean up the dishes and pots as she goes.  My sister Julie used to clean as she cooked.  It makes the after dinner mess so much better.

We also made Matt a German chocolate cake from scratch for his birthday last week.  Oh my -- only my second attempt, but so so yummy.  We even made a section for Gabe and Andrew without coconut, but alas, I noticed Andrew didn't finish his piece.  He spotted a stray piece of coconut.

Keep on cooking......................we are loving it.
                
                                                                                                                           

No comments: