Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Okay, I started this on Jan 2. Phew! We made it into the new year. The last week has been so much fun! It started on Christmas Eve with dinner at Matt and Gabe's. The stockings were hung and all the gifts wrapped. Gabe put together a fabulous dinner............cheesy potato soup and pumpkin pie for dessert. It doesn't get any better for this Idaho girl. We all opened a gift as we usually do on Christmas Eve and enjoyed being together. Charlotte was in the spotlight. The next morning...........that little Charlotte was amazing. After looking at the tantalizing packages for days she was finally able to open some.......Wow! She was so precious and what a delight to be a part of that magical wonder in her little eyes. We all had fun with our new treasures. It was a necklace Christmas for me. I know -- I'm lucky. Two Brightons and a beautiful butterfly necklace with an outfit to go with it. I also got a fancy white scarf from CA and a fab George Forman grill that I have used many times and love. I'm spoiled. Rich received his new flip camera and a requested sweater.......books and an itunes card........hmmmmm. Music for the rock star. He loves it.

I had to show you the addition to the gold and white tree. I like to add something each year and Margo and I found these leaves in a little shop in Culpeper. She bought some then I bought some. Then she gave me hers. Thanks Margo.



I did get a really fun present for myself...............that is allowed, I believe. I have given the reading "White Kid Gloves", by Margaret Cousins, many times at Christmas time and was looking for a better copy than the old copy I had. I didn't want to retype the darn thing. Anyway, I found the collection of Margaret Cousins book, Christmas Keepers, on Amazon. After looking in the library and online for many hours, I bought the book. It was published in the 1950's. I am a happy girl to have this fun collection of stories to add to my library. $6.00.

On Friday, Lauren arrived just in time to go the the White House with Matt and Gabe. We got to keep Charlotte for most of the day Saturday. The next few days were fun filled trying to keep up. Lauren and I shopped our legs off in downtown Culpeper. I found a beautiful Mary and Baby Jesus -- okay,
it's a Russian Icon of the Madonna, but it is beautiful with a gold shell gown. It is very special. Matt did ask me if he would now have to genuflect every time he came in the house. No, it is a beautiful work of art.

New Year's Eve -- we were all in bed by 11:00. Lauren said she was the last one up at her house also. New Year's Day -


we had our Christmas traditional breakfast for Lauren. Hmmmmmmmmmm more Sugar Lump Bread and Gabe made the breakfast casserole. We polished off the ham and bean soup that night. Then...........

Lauren finishing a puzzle lickety split.


Two Crowley Sisters Snuggling at Grammy's House


Just wanted to show you Lauren's long legs. Yes, she is taller than her Grammy now.


On Friday Gabe made her absolutely fabuloso everything from scratch lasagne. We were in Heaven. Later the Utes killed Alabama and I thought Matt was going to pass out with excitement. It was an awesome game. Go Utes! I vote #1. But come on let's not sue the BCS. What a fun week. Lauren left Sat morning for Utah. We are sad and lonesome without her, but what a treat to have her.

I hope to add pics to go along with the events. Who knows..........I am way behind.

2 comments:

naturegrams said...

Just want you to know how much I enjoyed reading your blog. How I wish I could see Lottie more. How are your eyes doing? Love and hugs, susan

rich said...

We counted our Christmas vacation clear back to Thanksgiving when almost all of the family was together....we missed Lauren. It was a great time and as Andrea said, busy and fun. As she shopped my wallet grew lighter and lighter....I could feel it happening even though I was at home. This Christmas was a turning point in our life. We have always had Christmas at our house...this year we were with some of our children at their house. You have not lived, however, until you have been through a holiday with Andrea and all of her attention to the things that make it fun, taste good, look good, memorable and traditional. She is really something!