Saturday, January 17, 2009

Proud Momma!

Seriously, it's an amazing feeling to watch your children manage their lives and families. Sometimes, yes, you are thinking...........what the heck are they thinking ? ? and at other times you are trying to somehow take credit for their brillance.........thinking that a great decision or an outcome is most certainly due to your good parenting. I love observing what dedicated mothering and fathering is taking place with my sons and daughters-in-law. Well, yes, they have all had good training, but they all go way beyond the measure. As a parent you feel such appreciation and respect to see their skills in action.

So yes I'm a proud momma.............

Two shout outs for two recent accomplishments:



Matt just made partner in his law firm. First partner in about 14 years, I think. It was announced this week and yes we thrilled for Matt. Congratulations

Andrew just finished his MBA in December. Excellent work Andrew. We celebrated at Arties.


A proud momma indeed. I'm very confident I had something to do with something here. Don't you think? Two excellent accomplishments at the same time. My Kings of Virginia.

11 comments:

Shelly Crowley said...

And a shout out to you for surviving another year of work, commuting, marriage, and having to help out the troubled Crowleys in CA. Not to mention being a wonderful mother, daughter, wife,and friend to us all. What a good girl you are too!

andrea said...

Hey, I'm the lucky one here. But it's nice to know I have fans in CA.

The only troubling problem with the CA Crowleys is they are 3000 miles away. and......You guys always make it work and who else quits a job one day and has three job offers the next day? In this day -- a big deal. That's my Jeremy, my 2nd musketeer.

We will survive.........I feel a song coming on...........dah dah dah dah.

naturegrams said...

You should be proud of your kids and YOURSELF. I was so thrilled to see that handsome picture of Matt. WOW! A partner. Even I feel proud. Love to all, susan

Andrew said...

My only real accomplishment was being able to step out of that large shaddow that Jeremy casts and being referred to by my name rather than "Jeremy's Brother."

Truly a remarkable accomplishment.

Lynnie said...

wow, andrea, I'm glad I found your blog off of Gabe's or I might never know how cool you guys are.

Max said...

I would be pretty proud too! And yes, I think you have everything to do with it!

I'm so glad to know what you guys are up to these days aside from your great annual Christmas cards. Thanks for this blog address. You guys are so great...we miss you and that gorgeous Virginia. So glad to hear all is well.
Love, Shawni

Shawni said...

oops, I was signed in as my son Max, but it's really Shawni!

Jeremy said...

Andrew . . . I bet it was nice when Mom stopped calling you that.

Twisted Sister said...

Great news Auntie! Congratulations... and I'm sure it's all because of you!

Gina said...

Don't forget your fan in AZ. You are a wonderful mom Andrea, and you have 3 great boys.

Margo and Kenny Neider said...

You all have fans in Idaho too! You should be a proud momma with the great kids and spouses and grandkids! Who woulda thought 40 years ago that we'd end up with so many blessings!! Love you sister!