Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Day

Last Friday was just the craziest. Check this out. Rich and I commuted to Fairfax (we leave at 5:30 a.m.) and I dropped him at his office. I had an eye appointment at 8:00. Traumatic, but no treatment. I didn't have to have the eye shot so that was good news and I was at work by 10:00. I raced back to get Rich so he could drop me off at school. So I work work work all day and one of my cute teachers, Anne dropped me in Centreville for my hair appointment -- about 3:30. My hair was seriously lousy as my hair stylist had been in Utah for about a month. After I was sufficiently cute Rich picked me up in Centreville and we drove back to Fairfax to meet Andrew, Melanie, and Audrey for dinner at my favorite restaurant. We had a fabulous dinner and a fun visit with A, M, & A. We then left the restaurant to go to the Sea Chanters concert in Fairfax. We got to see my cousin, Bob, his wife Veronica (from Seattle). Antje, their daughter performs with the group. It was superb. Anyway, what a day. We were home by 10:30 and yes...............tired. That's called logging a lot of miles in one day. Yep, we're old. Can you keep up with these senior citizens. Ha Ha.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I read 5:30 am and didn't get much farther in your post. No one should ever be required to get up that early. Yuck!

andrea said...

Yes, it kicks our behinds to get up at 4:30 on any given day. I'm always afraid that I am going to get to work and still be in my pajamas with no makeup and crazy hair, but so far I haven't forgotten to get ready. And yes, we did this to ourselves. It's not that bad all in all. Rich and I are still adventuresome.

rich said...

Andrea says it that our schedule is not too hard and it is not....for her. At 5:30 she stumbles to the car, wraps up in her blanket (regardless of the season) leans back and enjoys the ride and conversation to work. She believes that if she makes random and sometimes non sensical statements at least 3 times during the hour and 10 minutes on the way in that I will: A. Believe that she is awake B. Think she has been listening. She is delivered 30 feet from her office. At 4:00 I pick her up at her office door and the event happens in reverse, this time taking about an hour and 20/30 minutes. Not too hard on her, but it is killing me. :)

andrea said...

Whatever ............ he loves driving me. I always offer to drive home and he always says, "I don't want to be tired and scared."

Shelly Crowley said...

We all know that's not true Rich, Andrea has to be awake so you guys don't end up in Wheeling West Virginia! She's the best GPS you could ever ask for:) It's just to her advantage that she gets a ride and a show on her way to and from work every day!